Origin of C. elegans

Creg Darby cdarby at u.washington.edu
Tue Aug 16 01:29:52 EST 1994

>In article <s_nurrish-130894150959 at mac008051.lif.icnet.uk>,
>s_nurrish at icrf.icnet.uk (Stephen Nurrish) wrote:

>> I think the letter you refer to was written to Max Perutz and is reprinted
>> in part [snip, snip] in 'The nematode Caenorhabditis elegans'
>> edited bt W.B. Wood and printed by Cold Spring Harbor Press.

>and totally unavailable until the new version comes out.  hope your library
>has a copy or 2, ours was stolen.

Good news! It's available again. Cold Spring Harbor has a paperback
edition out now; it's unfortunately not revised, but at least it's in
print. It's $45, which beats the $95 for the hardcover. You can order by
phone (sorry, I'm at home and the number is at the lab; email me if you
need it).

BTW, Academic Press is working on a C. elegans methods book that
supposedly will be published later this year.

Creg Darby        cdarby at u.washington.edu
Department of Genetics SK-50, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195
voice: 206-543-9446   fax: 206-543-0754