Altered Sites -Pros? Cons?

Tracy Aquilla aquilla at salus.med.uvm.edu
Tue Aug 16 09:07:23 EST 1994

In Article <1994Aug8.221919.1 at opal.tufts.edu>, jcuozzo at opal.tufts.edu wrote:
>I am about to start a project that will involve making numerous
>point mutations in a certain protein, and I have been leaning
>towards using Promega's revised Altered Sites protocol.  Is there
>anyone out there who has used this kit, successfully or otherwise?
>I would really appreciate your insight. Also, if anyone has any
>recommendations or warnings about using other double-stranded
>site-directed mutagenesis kits, they would also be much appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>J. Cuozzo
>jcuozzo at opal.tufts.edu

This kit works quite well, and I highly recommend it. People in our lab have
used to make many mutants, and it usually works the first time. One person
made three AA mutations in a row, no problem. No cons I can think of. Good luck.

Tracy Aquilla, Ph.D.
Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
University of Vermont
aquilla at salus.med.uvm.edu