Coomassie Blue G-250 staining

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Tue Aug 16 18:17:11 EST 1994

 In article <32qki8$aji at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>
 Dietmar Tietz <Dietmar.Tietz at agrar.uni-giessen.de> writes:

>> Does anyone have the information about using Coomassie Blue G-250 to
>> stain protein gels?

> Chrambach, A.: The Practice of Quantitative
> Gel Electrophoresis, VCH Weinheim 1985
>
> Tietz, D.: J Chromatogr. 418, 305-344 (1987)
>
> Diezel, W., G. Kopperschlaeger, G., and Hoffmann, E.: Anal.
> Biochem., 48, 617-620 (1972)
>
> Neuhoff, V., Stamm, R., and Eibl, H.: Clear background
> and highly sensitive protein staining with Coomassie Blue
> dyes in polyacrylamide gels: a systematic analysis.
> Electrophoresis 6, 427-448 (1985)

Well, since I'm not sure if you want a protocol or the mechanism of binding,
here's the reference I have for the mechanism:

@article{Compton1985,
author = "S. J. Compton
     and C. G. Jones",
title = "Mechanisms of dye response and interference
in the bradford protein assay",
journal = "Anal. Biochem.",
volume = "151",
pages = "369-374",
comment = "mechanism of Coomassie Blue interaction with proteins",
year = "1985"}

* /Hey, Cool! -> http://fconvx.ncifcrf.gov:2001/~pnh/info.html <- Hey, Cool! /*