Pfu Poly, Cloning

Duncan Clark Duncan at
Tue Aug 16 11:49:12 EST 1994

In article: <CuIIM3.Cnv at>  ez001427 at () writes:
> activity.  I often wonder why most people still use Taq, even though it
> is error -prone and has that irritating tt activity. Does Taq have any
> advantages other than price and availability?

Maybe, just maybe, some labs are forced to used an enzyme that is
licensed for PCR. That is certainly gathering force here in the UK. Also
long PCR cannot be done just with Pfu. Taq also doesn't eat primers.
Both enzymes have their place.

Duncan Clark                        | Internet:    duncan at
G4ELJ                               | Compuserve:  100015.1406 at