Re Thermal Cyclers

Kevin O'Donnell odonnell at sasa.gov.uk
Thu Aug 18 12:15:46 EST 1994

On the subject of thermal cyclers, does anyone have an update on the Kodak
all-singing, all-dancing thermal cycler, as previewed in presentations to the
American Society for Microbiology meeting in May 1993? E.g. when are Kodak
likely to have any products on the market. I am told that they have managed to
avoid the Roche patent on PCR.  This seems too good to be true.  Does anyone
know the full story here?

Kevin O'Donnell
Scottish Agricultural Science Agency     "We must combine pessimism
East Craigs                               of the intellect with
Edinburgh           Tel. 031 244 8924     optimism of the will."
EH12 8NJ            Fax  031 244 8940
Scotland                                  Antonio Gramsci
odonnell at jura.sasa.gov.uk