2-D N/N Agarose Gels

Anthony Smith ant at molbiol.uct.ac.za
Fri Aug 19 03:22:13 EST 1994

Hi Folks

I am attempting 2-D n/n gels to determine the direction of replication in
plasmid DNA. The first dimension is low voltage, low agarose conc. and no
ethidium. The second dimension is high voltage, high agarose conc. with
ethidium. I have been getting results which do not tally with Electron
Microscope studies of my plasmid. Does anyone have experience in this field?
I will not post the whole lengthy method, but can Email it to anyone who
asks.

Ant Smith
Department of Microbiology, University of Cape Town
South Africa
Ant at molbiol.uct.ac.za
<<<<<<"The stars are there for you and you alone">>>>>>