Competitive PCR - Questions

Carl Waltenbaugh cwalten at casbah.acns.nwu.edu
Thu Aug 18 18:54:55 EST 1994

	I've been performing competitive RT-PCR on mouse DNA for a while now, and
have come up with a unique problem with my Interferon-Gamma analyses.  When
I use the primers (published by DNAX) prescribed, I get a ladder-like
ascension of DNA bands both above AND below my expected products.  Since
these 'ladders' get in the way of distinguishing competitor product from RT
product, I would like to eliminate them if possible.

	Has anyone ever encountered these 'ladders' in their PCR reactions, and if
so, what is their origin?

tg

(mistert at merle.acns.nwu.edu)