TAQ contaminated with DNA?

David Adelson davead at prospect.anprod.csiro.au
Mon Aug 22 23:03:46 EST 1994

Greetings netters,

Has anyone found that their Taq polymerase gives a nice ladder of
background bands without the benefit of added template and in the absence
of possible laboratory introduced contamination?   We have some enzyme
from Advanced Biotechnologies which seems to do this and we would like to
know if there are other equally frustrated people out there.  Note that by
equally frustrated we mean in terms of the cause of the frustration, so
all you frustrated people who can attribute said frustration to other
causes can ignore this posting.

Cheers,

  |  Dave Adelson                E-mail: davead at prospect.anprod.csiro.au |
  |  CSIRO Division of Animal Production  * "All opinions are my own"    |
  |  Locked Bag 1, Delivery Centre        * If you don't like my logic,  |
  |  Blacktown, 2148, AUSTRALIA           * use your own.                |