qiagen plasmid preps

Robert Woodward c557652 at mizzou1.missouri.edu
Mon Aug 22 17:54:42 EST 1994

>In article <Cuo0s2.F0J at mail.auburn.edu>, silverps at vetmed.auburn.edu (Peter
>S. Silverstein) wrote:

>> There seems to be a lot of different opinions on Qiagen plasmid preps.
>> Does anyone have any experience using this system for transient
>> transfections?

I spoke with someone recently who said that after the complete Qiagen prep
(using 2500's) and isopropanol precipitation they brought the DNA up in TE and
then subjected it to a spin in the microcentrifuge and used the supernatant.
This procudre spun out any Qia-crap that was in the DNA and made the
difference between their transfections working and not.  I may give it a try
since the Qiagen purified DNA has performed poorer than CsCl prepared DNA.

--Robert

Robert Woodward, c557652 at mizzou1.missouri.edu
Department of Physiology, University of Missouri
(314) 882-5374, FAX:(314) 884-4276