D.N.A PURIFICATION......HELP PLEASE

MED6MHS at VAX.BIO.LEEDS.AC.UK MED6MHS at VAX.BIO.LEEDS.AC.UK
Tue Aug 23 09:12:53 EST 1994

     Hi,
        I would be grateful if anybody could offer some advice. We have
        a number of D.N.A samples extracted from white cells using the
        phenol/chloroform method that when restricted with Hind 111 at
        a concentration of 5U/ug dont probe very well after blotting, I
        guess a possible reason for this may be that the 260/280 ratio
        is low approx 1.5. I have considered the following options
        restrict at 10U/ug, repurify using phenol/chloroform, clean up
        the D.N.A with a column, the latter option would seem the fastest
        and I would like to hear from anybody using these.
                                Thanks in advance
                                           Max Stickland.