Best molbio software package?

Tracy Aquilla aquilla at salus.med.uvm.edu
Tue Aug 23 16:43:39 EST 1994

    Well, I have a little money to spend, and I'm considering getting one of
the major software packages for my Mac. It has come down to three choices:
MacVector (IBI), MacDNAsis (Hitachi), and GeneWorks (Intelligenetics). I
have used MacVector extensively, and I like it pretty well. I have no
experience with the other packages, other than the demos. I would like to
hear from others about any of their experiences with any of these products,
good, bad, whatever. If I get enough responses, I will post a summary next
week sometime. Thanks in advance for the advice. You can post here or email
directly to me.

Tracy Aquilla, Ph.D.
Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
University of Vermont