Differential scanning calorimetry

Eric C. Anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Wed Aug 24 09:40:11 EST 1994

In article <33atuc$r89 at s.ms.uky.edu>, asimmons at seqanal.mi.uky.edu (Alan
Simmons) wrote:
> I'm interested in how differential scanning calorimetry
> (DSC) is being used to analyze protein. In particular, how
> differences between a wild-type and a mutant protein
> may be studied using this technique. Would anyone have
> a reference that would describe its use in such an
> application?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the most recent (or it might be upcoming, i haven't seen the published
version yet) version of Methods in Enzymology has a section on calorimetry
which was based almost entirely on experiments in our lab concerning
comparisons of wild-type and temperature sensitive mutant S. cerevisiae
N-Myristoyltransferase.

the section is by Rajiv Bhatnagar and Jeff Gordon, and i think Jeff (our
PI) was one of the editors.

sorry this isn't more specific but hopefully it will give you a place to
start.

eric
*there's too much blood in my caffeine system!  *
eric c. anderson
dept. of molecular bio. and pharm.
washington univ. school of medicine
660 s. euclid box 8103