Large scale microsatellite screening

Dan Bradley dbradley at vax1.tcd.ie
Wed Aug 24 07:00:56 EST 1994

I am involved in population and epedemiological work that invlove screening
large numbers of individual animals with a panel of microsatellites.  It is
fairly mindless technically and I am wondering if anyone has had experience
of automation of the steps involved.  In particular, which of the
fluorescent dye sequencing machines (eg Applied Biosystems 373A DNA
sequencer) is best suited to this work and gives value for money.
Alternatively, is there a sonic gel-reading digitiser with software which
allows easy input of microsatellite genotype data onto the computer?

Many thanks.
--
Dan Bradley
Genetics Department,