Library screenings by PCR

Eric C. Anderson anderson at
Thu Aug 25 14:40:17 EST 1994

In article <9408251513.AA11622 at>, ra at UNLINFO.UNL.EDU (raul
arredondopeter) wrote:

>      Do anybody know about application of PCR in library screenings? I
> shall appreciate any information available. Thank you in advance.

i have screened a C. elegans Lambda-ZAP library by PCR using Inosine
containing degenerate oligos created based on conserved sequences in my
gene of interest from other species.  i performed the reactions just as i
would any other PCR reaction and was able to recover approximately 2/3 of
the coding sequence.

i don't have any specific protocols to give you, but if you're interested i
can give you some suggestions and outline my PCR protocol.

*there's too much blood in my caffeine system!  *
eric c. anderson
anderson at
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)862-2435 (home)
660 s. euclid box 8103                           (314)362-7058 (FAX)
st. louis, mo 63110