E.coli transformation protocol wanted

berry at biochem.unp.ac.za berry at biochem.unp.ac.za
Fri Aug 26 07:19:26 EST 1994

In article <23AUG94.17510766.0062.MUSIC at SEMOVM> C749SCB at SEMOVM.SEMO.EDU (Walt Lilly) writes:
>Dear Netters:
>We are trying to decide on an HPLC column to use for analyzing
>peptide fragments following proteolysis of a model peptide.  Will
>any old c18 column do?  We have been considering a Vydac 218TP
>column.  Does anyone have experience with this or competing similar
>columns?   Thanks for your input.
>
>Walt Lilly
>c749scb at semovm.semo.edu
>Southeast Missouri State Univ.

Hello Walt

Do yourself a favour and stick to a column designed for
peptide/protein analysis. We have found the Vydac 218TP columns
to be robust and reliable. Also the pore size plays a major
role in the separation of tricky peptide digests.  Ask you
Waters rep for a copy of "Doctor Tom's Guide to the
Undocumented Oral History of Peptide Separation Fokelore" - 9
pages of distilled wisdom!

Good Luck

Ron Berry
Biochem Dept