Do any journals take papers on disc?

Ian A. York york at
Fri Aug 26 16:45:35 EST 1994

In article <33evo5$jt at> grggta at (Graham Atherton) writes:

>publication is some time off yet! At best I need access to a high-quality
>printer which will give photographic-quality images from a scanned image.
>This I can probably get if I submit discs to a professional lab. This

	Not necessarily.  We, and others, have printed figures (gels) on
600 dpi laserjests and the journals were happy with the results.  A colleague
told me that (at least for one journal) the limiting step in printing
photos was around the 600 dpi resolution anyway, so there was no point
in submitting higher quality  than that.  I can't vouch for that but 
it's worth specifically asking the editors, I suppose.  600 pdi printers
are not universally available but are certainly not rare.
	The same colleague also had higher quality prints made from a scanned 
image by taking it to the university's AV people, who had access to a high
quality printer.  Cheaper than a professional lab, though probably not 
by much.

	Ian York [york at]

More information about the Methods mailing list