Do any journals take papers on disc?

Kevin Morano ez005528 at rocky.ucdavis.edu
Sat Aug 27 16:48:26 EST 1994

I have a paper coming out in September in the Journal of Cell Science,
and submitted the text and 90% of the figures on disk. These were all
Canvas files. I also submitted hardcopies (a must for review) that were
output on a Canon Fiery Laser at our Illustration Services dept. at UCD.
I'm afraid I don't know the resolution of the machine, but I know it is
at least 600 dpi. Many of the figures were excellent, escpecially if the
initial scan was good. I scanned at 300 dpi in Photoshop, adjusted
contrast (the scan always came in darker than the original image), and
imported into Canvas as a "picture image" for labeling.

E-mail me for more info!

Kevin

Kevin A. Morano
Internet:kamorano at ucdavis.edu
Bitnet:kamorano at ucdavis
Section of Microbiology, University of California, Davis