PCR from Fibroblasts?

Mike Morris mike at divsun.unige.ch
Mon Aug 29 09:50:50 EST 1994

Straaange...  Could you have some trypsin left in your prep,
which then eats your TaqPol? (Happens to me occasionally
if I am "generous" with the proteinase K when extracting
from tissues).
  If so, the best thing for cleaning up (in my opinion) is
Prepagene matrix. Even if its not trypisn, I would try Prepagene;
will probably solve your problem.
  (We often analyse fibroblasts, and have never seen this problem;
so it is unlikely to be "biological").
	Mike
Michael Morris PhD
Division of Medical Genetics       tel (Switzerland) (22) 702.56.94
CMU, University of Geneva          fax (Switzerland) (22) 702.57.06
Geneva, Switzerland                email mike at medsun.unige.ch