General note on distribution of vectors strains etc.

Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 08:50:56 EST 1994

Hi Folks,

I was rather surprised today to receive an agreement to sign in
order to get a couple of vectors for general cloning purposes. The
vectors are useful derivatives of a common cloning vector but were
made by a researcher in one of my favourite commercial companies. I
have no objection to general agreements as to not to hand
strains/vectors to other labs etc but was surprised to see that should
I use the vectors to clone anything of commercial interest to the
company concerned then I had to hand said clone over to the company
with all relevant info. as to the construction etc. I must be getting
old 'cos it never used to be like this. If this is now common practice
then I feel I have little choice but to protect my own commercial
interests a little bit more. Sad!

Duncan

Duncan Clark                        | Internet:    duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
G4ELJ                               | Compuserve:  100015.1406 at compuserve.com