Nonisotopic AA transport assay?

Hr Dr. S. Shapiro toukie at zui.unizh.ch
Tue Aug 30 03:58:09 EST 1994

Dear Colleagues;

     I am interested in performing uptake/transport studies of amino acids and/
or carbohydrates by bacteria that do NOT depend upon the use of radiolabelled
substrates.  If anyone has any references/citations to bacterial uptake/trans-
port studies of amino acids or carbohydrates that do NOT involve the use of
radiolabelled substrates, kindly send them to me at

                        toukie at zui.unizh.ch

Likewise, if anyone has had successful experience in performing such assays
but has not (yet) published this work, kindly contact me at the above Internet
address.

     THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL RESPONDERS!

Sincerely,

(Dr.) S. Shapiro
Institut fuer orale Mikrobiologie und allgemeine Immunologie
Zentrum fuer Zahn-, Mund-, und Kieferheilkunde der Universitaet Zuerich
Plattenstrasse 11
Postfach
CH-8028 Zuerich, Switzerland

Internet: toukie at zui.unizh.ch