How to treat cells in interphase stage for FISH?

Wasun Chantratita asmsi002 at CMU.CHIANGMAI.AC.TH
Wed Aug 31 10:06:10 EST 1994

Dear Netters,

	We have successfully used WCP system (Whole Chromosome painting Probe)
either from LTI or Imagenetic, Inc for identifying chromsome in metaphase
spreads from lymphocytes. However, we do not have any luck to detect any
chromosome from cells in interphase stage, such as human buccal mucous
membrane cells.

	Does anyone out there would  kindly provide us a nice protocol
to treat cells other than lymphocytes, particularly human buccal mucous
membrane cells prior to perform FISH?

	Sincerely Yours,

	Wasun Chantratita, Ph.D.
	Department of Clinical Microbiology