Any experience with Soccorex pipettors

daj (David Johnston) daj at nhm.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 04:31:45 EST 1994

On Wed, 31 Aug 1994 04:54:58 GMT,
  Simon Ginsberg writes:

> We are considering purchasing some Soccorex pipettors (also
>sold as VWR brand).  Does anyone have experience using these?  In
>particular, what are the advantages/disadvantages of the stepped
>adjustment mechanism, and how is their long term accuracy.

A word of caution if you like using filter tips. I have yet to find a
source of filter tips that will fit the smaller volume pipettors. (They
have extended, metal tip holders (which allows flame sterilisation!),
rather than the more conventional plastic ones, but these project too far
down inside the tips to use filter tips). If anyone knows of a source, I
would love to hear from you.
DAJ

David A. Johnston
Dept of Zoology, The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road,
South Kensington, London SW7 5DB. England
(tel 071 9389297, fax 071 9388754, email daj at nhm.ac.uk)