Thermostable DNA pol w/o RT activity?

Olav Hungnes ohungnes at bioslave.uio.no
Thu Dec 1 04:06:51 EST 1994

Several of the thermostable DNA polymerases show reverse
transcriptase activity, especially in the presence of
appropriate divalent cations, e.g. Mn++ instead of Mg++.

I wish to perform DNA amplification that very selectively
uses DNA and not RNA as the template. I'm presently using
Taq poly (PerkinElmer AmpliTaq) and seem to have some rt
activity even in the absence of Mn++. Are there other enzymes
(preferrably commercially available) that are better suited?

Thanks,
Olav

Olav Hungnes                 olav.hungnes at embnet.uio.no
National Institute               Phone  (+47)22042200
of Public Health                 FAX    (+47)22353605
Oslo, NORWAY