Other GUS substrates

PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU
Thu Dec 1 14:21:01 EST 1994

Following this request:
>Hello netters,
>About one year ago I got an advertisment for other substractes for
>GUS which produced a red colour and others I can't remember >>
anymore.
>My first question is: Do somebody know which company sells these
>substrates?
>My second questions is: Can you use the substrates also for yeast
>and other systems than plants?
>Thanks for the answers in advance
M>.arie-Theres Hauser

BioSynth International sells red, magenta and one other type x-gluc
and will also send you a free sample of these.  We tested them on
our transgenic sweetpotato plants, and results were not as good
as compared to regular x-gluc.

BioSynth
PO Box 541, Skokie, IL 60076, USA.

It is a Swiss Company but I  have the European Addres

BioSynth Ag
PO Box 125
9422 Staad - Switzerland
Phone 071-43 0190
Fax 42 58 59
By the way, I am buying some x-gluc from a
Canadian Company called Rose Scientific  Ltd
for an excellent deal of US$220/gm (Which is close to what
Sigma charges for 100 milligrams, I think).

Has any one bougt x-gluc earlier from this company?  Any comments?

C. S. PRAKASH				PHONE (205) 727 8023
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE			FAX   (205) 727 8067
Please note that the area code will change to (334) from January 15, 199!!
TUSKEGEE UNIVERSITY			PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU