use of spermidine to remove DNA from prot. solutions

Alberto I Roca roca at
Fri Dec 2 12:59:56 EST 1994

In article <aquilla.1136606835F at> Tracy Aquilla,
aquilla at writes:
>a protocol or can suggest a reference, we'd be very grateful. Thanks.

while purifying a RecA mutant, these authors used 5mM spermine acetate
to precipitate nucleic acids. see

Dutreix, M., Burnett, B., Bailone, A., Radding, C. M., and Devoret, R.,
A partially deficient mutant, recA1730, that fails to form normal
nucleoprotein filaments, Mol Gen Genet, 232, 489, 1992.

alberto :|
Alberto I. Roca                 Internet: roca at
Biochemistry                    Bitnet:   roca at wiscmacc
420 Henry Mall
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison, Wisconsin 53706 USA