Biotin derivative-coupled dNTP's? - Reply

Varyc varyc.mmcri at OFFICE.MMC.ORG
Fri Dec 2 07:52:01 EST 1994

Dale writes:
Problem: I'd like to label carbohydrates using a biotin derivative
(such as biotin-LC-Hydrazide, biotin-X-NHS) coupled to a nucleotide
such as dATP or dUTP for incorporation into oligonucleotides.

Does anyone know of a company that offers this, or of a method to
obtain this reagent? Any advice or ideas are welcomed! Thanks in advance.

Molecular probes, of Eugene OR (ph 503-465-8353, fax 503-344-6504) sells a variety of cho
polymers with dyes, biotin with and without residual reactive free amoni groups. I have used
several of these.
Hope this helps.

Cal Vary