Genbank comparison

Marc Goldstein ez001427 at dale.ucdavis.edu
Thu Dec 1 19:21:26 EST 1994

Lol-

I got your email reply last week, and then I was away for a while.  Sorry
it has taken me so long to re-reply.  You wanted info on PILEUP-you can
access the manual for GCG through the Pedro's tools page at iastate, via
a WWW program such as mosaic.  I don't know the exact address for the
page, but I'm sure you can find it if you play around a bit.

Marc Goldstein
magoldstein at ucdavis.edu

Lol Maret
(lmaret at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca) wrote:
: Hi Mol biologists,  Does anyone know how to compare the sequence homology
: between 3 different genes using genbank online?  I have accessed Genbank
: to search for sequences, but would like to find the % homology for three
: ADH genes from different plants.  I would appreciate any help or
: suggestions. Replies may be mailed to me directly or posted. Thanks in
: advance. Lol :-)

: --

:  Lol Cooper
: Dept. of Agriculture, Food and Nutrional Science.
:  4-10C Agriculture and Forestry Center
:  University of Alberta
:  Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
: T8E 1H8