Techne Gene E thermocyclers

dpetersn at dpetersn at
Fri Dec 2 14:59:24 EST 1994

In article <3b2npq$etq at> tculling at (Dr. T.E. Cullingford) writes:
>From: tculling at (Dr. T.E. Cullingford)
>Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts
>Subject: Techne Gene E thermocyclers
>Date: 24 Nov 1994 18:59:06 -0000
>Sender: lpddist at

>We have recently purchsed two of the above machines, without heated
>lids, from Techne. I have found that, using an external thermistor
<<<stuff deleted>>>

Some time agor I wrote regarding our similar problems with lag times on
our Techne thermocycler.  (Not to mention the breakdown of three blocks within
a 1 year period.)  This problem cannot be changed in anyway I am aware of,
except by changing instruments.  PCR failures due to lag times cannot be
differentiated from inconsistent well-to-well temperature variability, or lack
of template, etc.