Methylation analysis/bisulphite sequencing

Jon Nakamoto jnakamot at
Sat Dec 3 16:01:08 EST 1994

Jeff & Mach,

One of my colleagues just interviewed a candidate for a genetics
faculty position here. He studies methylation and said that the
bisulfite modification technique is a waste of time ( I can't remember
why, but my colleague knows and I can ask him Monday). Apparently he
has a method he feels is much more foolproof and left a preprint of an
article about to come out. If you E-mail me next week to remind me,
I'll have tracked down the above info and preprint by then.

Jon Nakamoto, MD
Clinical Instructor of Pediatrics/Endocrinology, UCLA
jnakamot at