Wizard DNA clean up

Jeffrey Shane Temple jstemple at whale.st.usm.edu
Mon Dec 5 14:52:18 EST 1994

Richard Kenneth Bruce Martel (richardk at sfu.ca) wrote:
: Anthony:

: I would appreciate a more elaborate protocol of how you purified your
: band from agarose.  Was it high or low melt agarose?  You said
: "binding buffer precipitated once, but washed away with column wash"
: what do you mean?

: The Wizard DNA clean up kit contains the resin, columns and a
: protocol, no buffers, washes etc.  I talked to a tech at Promega and
: he said that the resin in each of their kits (ie. pcr preps, mini,
: midi and mega preps) are all different!!?  Also, a flyer says that
: the DNA clean up kit can be used to gel purify DNA, the tech said
: that the PCR preps resin is better for gel purification.

: We have some older "Magic minipreps" laying around, as well as a new
: "midi prep" kit.  I'm thinking of using the protocol in "Promega
: notes 43" and one of those resins to see if it will work.

: Rick

: ps.  If anyone from Promega is 'listening', I would welcome an
: explanation/advice.

Anthony,

Same goes for me.  Please send more details on your gel purification!!

Jeff Temple (jstemple at whale.st.usm.edu)
University of Southern MS
Dept. of Chem/Biochemistry