Rather simple ? regarding gel electrophoresis

Jim Owens jow at helix.nih.gov
Mon Dec 5 12:21:04 EST 1994

In article <3bgvjp$r7d at agate.berkeley.edu> Daniel Mytelka,
mytelka at mendel.Berkeley.EDU writes:
>V=I*R
>If the same model machines measure different currents at the same
>voltage (assuming you use the same gel and just switch the leads, so
>there isn't any significant external resistance difference), then:
>one isn't working properly. Either the dial is wrong or there's

Or, since this was not specified in the original posting, the
electrophoresis apparatus is different.  I have variations of 10mA from
one run to the next in the same apparatus and the same power supply,
probably because the buffer levels are different.

Good luck,

Jim Owens