half life of GUS, luciferase and other reporters?

SRKain srkain at aol.com
Tue Dec 6 23:02:14 EST 1994

In article <1994Oct7.140428.11647 at alw.nih.gov>, jeffs at elsie.nci.nih.gov
(Jeffrey Alan Silverman) writes:

You may consider using a secreted reporter protein such as Secreted
Alkaline Phosphatase (SEAP)--The intracellular half-life has not been
rigorously determined, but the protein is secreted from transfected cells
quite rapidly, as early as 4 hours posttransfection. A very sensitive
(10-13g) chemiluminescent assay for SEAP is also available--therefore,
detection is via a luminometer as with luciferase. Hope this helps. These
opinions are my own, and not necessarily those of my employer CLONTECH
Laboratories, Inc.

Steven R. Kain
CLONTECH Laboratories, Inc.