beads for transformation

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Tue Dec 6 14:23:57 EST 1994

Dr Tay Hou Ngee Agnes (phstayhn at leonis.nus.sg) wrote:
> I recall having used beads for spreading bugs when doing transformations
> (instead of using pasteur pipets bent into spreaders).

There are lots of methods to spread Colis. You can use a spreader (also
called Drigalski spatula), you can use ordinary glass beads, you can
use glass pipets, you can just add a lot of Colis and let them dry
(although the latter method is not recommended by Maniatis et al.).
Anything to add?

--Cornelius.

--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Abt. Lohse, Genzentrum, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany  */
/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795  */