Silastic Tubing

Jack Lancaster jlanca at lsumc.edu
Wed Dec 7 17:51:50 EST 1994

        We have need of silastic tubing, to be used in an "artificial lung"
apparatus which aerates a solution passing through the tubing. We will be
using it for organ perfusion. Silastic (polysiloxane) is very permeable to
gases, and its diffusion properties are well-established. The particular
size we need is 1.47 mm I.D. and 0.25 mm wall thickness.
        However, Dow Corning has quit making the stuff (apparently because
of the lawsuits regarding silicon, although I was not aware that *tubing*
was used for this ;-). We can find no other supplier. If you know another
producer/supplier please let me know.
Jack R. Lancaster, Jr.
Dept. Physiology
LSU Medical Center