Controlling Hybaid OMNIGENE with a PC/Mac

Charlie Wright Genetics cw117 at
Wed Dec 7 15:45:31 EST 1994

I know that programs for this thermocycler can be stored and retrieved
to/from a PC with the software provided.  Does anyone out there do this
and understand the protocols/code involved.  I would like to port the
whole business to a Mac, and feed it from the RS-422 port on my PowerBook
(I've got a cable to fit).  I just don't know what the cycler produces or
expects, and I can't decompile the DOS code on my Macintosh.  Has anyone
heard of this working?  Anyone done it?

C. R. Wright                                    Dept. of Genetics
+44 (0)223 333970 telephone                     Univ. of Cambridge
+44 (0)223 333992 telefax                       Downing Street, Cambs.
cw117 at                        CB2 3EH, England