Help with Lambda DNA isolation

RiverSloth riversloth at
Wed Dec 7 13:30:32 EST 1994

In article <pabkwc.2.000F4A21 at>, pabkwc at (K.W.
Cheung) writes:

>Can someone recommend a good method for Lamda DNA isolation.  >I've tried
>the Qiagen midi prep using plate lysate but only got small amount >of DNA
> What is the best host for the propagation of Lamda DASH II ?

I have had the best success using Lambda Sorb. I've tried 4 or 5 methods
from Maniatis and the Red Book and other sources and found LambdaSorb to
yield much better amounts and gives DNA which can be restriction digested.
Other methods I have tried do not yield much DNA which is clean enough to
cut with enzymes.

Be sure and follow the product instructions and use agarose plates and not
agar plates.

Good luck

Felix D. Guerrero
Kerrville, TX