SSCP detection

schupp at nauvax.ucc.nau.edu schupp at nauvax.ucc.nau.edu
Thu Dec 8 10:32:57 EST 1994

HELP!
        We have been using AT Biochem's MDE gel for SSCP detection and
always have a hell of a time transfering the 0.4mm gel to filter paper
always have a hell of a time transfering the 0.4mm 14X17 gel to filter
paper for drying and film exposure.  The gel is very sticky, even on
rain-x treated glass plates.  More often than not, we get distorted gels
due to the gel stretching during transfer.  Anyone have similar experiences?
Should we not be transfering to filter paper, just exposing the gel while
it is still attached to the glass?  Any help with this would be great

Jim schupp