Drying sequencing gels

Colin Rasmussen ras-1 at bones.biochem.ualberta.ca
Thu Dec 8 20:47:41 EST 1994

In article <D0I1IM.AyK at acsu.buffalo.edu>, orbashu at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu wrote:

> I am lately having problem drying my sequencing gels following fixing
(5% MeOH/5% AcOOH) to remove urea. The problem is that the Sarab Wrap is
sticking badly to the gel therefore either it does not come off easily or
my gel remains stick.I am using 35S-dATP therefore I need to remove the
wrap before exposing. Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Ashu

How long are you drying your gels, how thick are they, what temperature
are you drying at, what model gel dryer do you use ???   Lots of question,
but important for a helpful answer.

Colin