colocalisation of proteins with ribosomes

Richard_Heath heath at mbcf.stjude.org
Wed Dec 7 17:17:58 EST 1994

In article <luirink-061294151510 at mac239.bio.vu.nl>, luirink at bio.vu.nl (J.Luirink) writes:
> Does anyone know about a reliable protocol to separate coli ribosomes from
> membranes. I would like to localise a protein which I think is associated
> with both fractions. Thanks.
>
> --
> Joen Luirink
> Dept. Mol. Microbiol.
> Vrije Universiteit
> De Boelelaan 1087
> 1081 HV Amsterdam
> The Netherlands
>
> Tel:	(20) 4447175
>
> Fax:	(20) 4447123
>
> E-mail: luirink at bio.vu.nl

The ribosome prep I have is from Cashel (1974) Anal. Biochem. v57, pp100-107.
I don't know how well it separates ribosomes from membranes though... Try doing
assays for proteins known to be associated with ribosomes, and those known to
be membrane associated as controls to check for mbe contamination.

Richard.