Help with Lambda DNA isolation

Amos H Heckendorf nestgrp at world.std.com
Fri Dec 9 17:44:05 EST 1994

Can someone recommend a good method for Lamda DNA isolation.  >I've
tried  using the Qiagen midi prep using plate lysate but only got
small amount >of DNA : : back.

: I have also had no luck with the Quiagen kit and someone suggested that
: you need to start out with AT LEAST 2x10(10) pfu for any kind of yield
: (1ug).  Most people I have talked to about lambda have protocols using
: LE392 as the host.
:
The NucleobondAX kit is suitable for DNA up to 300 kb in size.  Their
lambda kit on a 10(10) pfu plate lysate should give 5 ug/ml, but I am
biased because we sell it.  Check out the biogopher archive for other
noncommercial data.

Regards,
Amos Heckendorf (nestgrp at world.std.com) 800-347-6378 ; 508-481-6223
The Nest Group , Value Added Resellers for:
Macherey-Nagel, mfg of Nucleobond AX