Native gel problems

Dietmar Tietz Dietmar.Tietz at agrar.uni-giessen.de
Sat Dec 10 13:15:34 EST 1994

> JMORELLI at MAINE.MAINE.EDU wrote:
> : I am trying to run a native (no SDS) acrylamide gel on some basic
> : proteins. (myoglobin, hemoglobin)  I hav so far not had much luck.
> [stuff deleted]

You may want to try some of these references for additional reading:

Rodbard, D., and Chrambach, A.: Unified theory of gel electrophoresis and
gel filtration.  Proc.  Natl.  Acad.  Sci. USA, 65, 970-977 (1970).

Rodbard, D., and Chrambach, A.: Estimation of molecular radius, free
mobility, and valence using polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.  Anal.
Biochem., 40, 95-134 (1971).

Chrambach, A., The Practice of Quantitative Gel Electrophoresis, VCH
Verlagsgesellschaft, Weinheim FRG, 1985, pp.1-265.  ISBN 3-527-26039-0.

Tietz, D.:  Review.  Gel electrophoresis of intact subcellular
particles.  J. Chromatogr.  418, 305-344 (1987).

Tietz, D.:  Evaluation of mobility data obtained from gel
electrophoresis:  Strategies in the computation of particle and gel
properties on the basis of the extended Ogston model.  Advances in
Electrophoresis, Vol. 2, 109-169 (1988).

Tietz, D.:  Analysis of one-dimensional gels and two-dimensional
Serwer-type gels on basis of the extended Ogston model using personal
computers. Electrophoresis 12, 28-39 (1991).

Tietz, D., Chrambach, A.: Concave Ferguson plots of DNA fragments and
convex Ferguson plots of bacteriophages: evaluation of molecular and
fiber properties, using desktop computers.  Electrophoresis 13, 286-294
(1992).

Buzas, Zs., Wheeler, D. L., Garner, M. M., Tietz, D., Chrambach, A.:
Transverse pore gradient gel electrophoresis, using the PhastSystem.
Electrophoresis 15, 1028-1031 (1994).

*           Dietmar Tietz, Ph.D.,  Research Scientist            *
*            Biostatistics, Justus-Liebig-University             *
*            Ludwigstr. 27, D-35390 Giessen, Germany             *
*                  Phone: +49-(641)-702-9733                     *
*                   Fax: +49-(641)-702-9724                      *
*              Email: Dietmar.Tietz at Uni-Giessen.de               *