Thermometer question

Martin Leach leach at
Mon Dec 12 17:24:08 EST 1994

In article <1994Dec12.140127 at>, kmorris1 at

> The red liquid in our thermometers seems to have "split"... ie, there are
> several small "pieces" no longer attached to the larger reservoir.  The
> thermometer, as a result, no longer reads accurately.  Is there any way to
> "reattach" the whole column of liquid together?  They are -20 - 110 degree
> thermometers, BTW.  Also, does anyone know why this happened?  Can we avoid it
> in the future?  Thanks in advance,
How about putting it in a dry-ice/etoh bath....i.e. below -20....see if you
can make it all contract and reform in the bulb.

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
p.s. try BioMOO (virtual biology on the internet - telnet 8888)