RT of tRNA

Peter Gegenheimer peterg at rnaworld.bio.ukans.edu
Tue Dec 13 18:59:21 EST 1994

In <bcguilf.25.0 at muccmail.missouri.edu>, bcguilf at muccmail.missouri.edu (Guilfoyle Lab) writes:
>We are trying to do primer extensions using tRNAs from plants as templates.
>The problem we ran into is that we can't get full-length extension product,
>instead, it seems that RT enzyme stops inside of the template. The same, but
>synthetic tRNA made using T7 pol does not show this problem. We suspect that
>some kind of modification in plant tRNA results in that that base can no
>longer be recognized by Tth polymerase and this results in a stop. Does
>anyone have any ideas on what's really going on here and how to overcome
>this problem?
>
>Tim Ulmasov
>University of Missori-Columbia
>Biochemistry
>bichguil at mizzou1.missouri.edu

Tell me where the stop occurs and what your tRNA is, and I should be able to help. If
you have the *RNA* sequence of the native tRNA, you can see whether stops
are correlated with modified bases.

|  Peter Gegenheimer            |  pgegen at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu             |
|  Departments of Biochemistry  |  voice: 913-864-3939                   |
|    and of Botany              |                                        |
|  University of Kansas         |  FAX  : 913-864-5321                   |
|  2045 Haworth Hall            | "The sleep of reason produces          |
|  Lawrence  KS  66045-2106     |  monsters."              Goya          |