RNA isolation from PANCREAS

Richard Schifreen rschifre at access3.digex.net
Tue Dec 13 16:28:50 EST 1994

I referred this post to our development group responsible for TRIZOL. I
hope the information is helpful:

Rich,
Some of the most important parameters were already discussed such as,
keeping the cells intact by snap freezing the tissue for future use (I
would not expect this procedure to degrade the RNA.),or immediately
homogenizing the excized tissue  using TRIzol or guanidine
isothiocyanate.  I have obtained excellent RNA from 1 g of frozen rat
pancreas.  The tissue was broken into pieces less than 0.5-cm in size
while frozen, and homogenized in 10 ml of TRIzol using a Tissumizer.  The
tube was cooled in a 0 degree water bath during homogenization.

When working with samples of human origin, the question arises as to the
condition of the tissue prior to snap freezing or homogenization.

Domenica Simms

Posted by:
Richard Schifreen
Life Technologies, Inc.