Storage of purified proteins

Gene Holowachuk geneh at USA.NET
Tue Dec 13 15:42:44 EST 1994

Can anyone suggest some guidelines for the storage of highly purified
recombinantly produced proteins. We have purified a couple of cytokines
produced in E. coli, about 1 mg/l. What are the best ways for short term
and long term storage - 50% glycerol, lyophilized, -70 oC, etc. We have
found loss of activity when stored at 4 oC for longer than 1 week. Any
suggestions will be appreciated.
Cheers :-))

**  Gene Holowachuk                |  Voice: 607/547-3937                **
**  Research Institute             |  Fax  : 607/547-3061 (attn Gene H)  **
**  Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital  |  email: geneh at research.mibh.org     **
**  One Atwell Road                |       : geneh at usa.net               **
**  Cooperstown, NY 13326          |       : geneh at cscns.com             **