editing problem with large constructs

converrl at ucbeh.san.uc.edu converrl at ucbeh.san.uc.edu
Tue Dec 13 09:28:37 EST 1994

     I am in desparate need of suggestions for constructing large plasmid
clones.  Presently, I am attempting to build a 12 kb construct in bluescript by
cloning a 2 kb blunt5'/sticky3' fragment into a 10 kb bluescipt fragment wich
has identical ends.  I am getting lots of transformants, but they are all
severely edited. The bacterial strain I am using is XL-1 Blue.  I have also
tried SURE cells, but I get the same results.  I would greatly appreciate any
helpful suggestions. Please E-mail them to me!!

                           Thanx!

                           Richard