glass beads for plating bacteria to get an even distribution on agar

Anthony C. acc4636 at tamsun.tamu.edu
Tue Dec 13 11:31:41 EST 1994

[Glass beads deleted]
If you are having trouble getting an even distribution using the hockey stick
its possible that you arent letting the plates dry enough.  After we make
the plates we let them "dry" open and upside down halfway sitting on
the lid for about 30 minutes or so in the warm room.  When applying the
bacteria (up to .2 ml ) spread until the liquid has completely soaked in
and the surface has a bit of resistance to sliding of the hockey stick.
(i.e. its dry)
--
Anthony C.