GUS staining

user unknown ez005679 at dale.ucdavis.edu
Wed Dec 14 14:32:56 EST 1994

Hi, everyone:
	I have a little problem in gus staining.   What I did is staining
the young tomato leaf/cotyledon with GUS ( 5mg X-gluc disolved into 200ul
Dimethylformamide, add into 5ml 50mM phosphate solultion, vacuum for
20 min, stain at 37dgree C for 16hrs.).   My problem is the
leaf/cotyledons are not stained uniformly.  While some specks/areas are
heavyly stained, other part are not blue at all.
	I wonder if anybody can nicely give me any suggestions to improve
my staining.   If you have any successful experience, PLEASE HELP.

	Thanks in advance.

		Yusen Tong