BeadBeater vs. The Sonicator

Loren Joseph ljlj at
Wed Dec 14 18:40:29 EST 1994

There was a recent posting which mentioned the "BeadBeater". I had noticed
ads for the BeadBeater, so I called the company's technical services.  The
machine seems to have advantages over sonicators for preparation of
recombinant proteins from bacteria: minimal heat build-up, no foaming,
more uniform settings. Does anyone have any experience to share? For that
matter, what's all this I hear about Dyno-mills...Any help would be
appreciated. ( Of course it's probably the vector construct or the
operator, not the sonicator, at fault...).

Loren Joseph, MD
Dep't of Pathology
University of Chicago
Hospital Mailcode MC0003