pJ3 vector sequence?

Jim Woodgett jwoodget at oci.utoronto.ca
Wed Dec 14 10:00:48 EST 1994

In article <kallisti-1312940843260001 at hibernate.feinberg.nwu.edu>,
kallisti at merle.acns.nwu.edu (Patrick Grealish) writes:

> Our lab recently received a clone from a colleague that was in the
> pJ3 vector noone in our lab can determine what pJ3 is, and it
> seemes neither can anyone in the lab we got the plasmid from.
> I'm interested if anyone knows of the origin of this vector (ie.
> company and sequence). I don't think it is a homemade plasmid, but i;
> 'm not sure.

It's most probably pJ3omega which was made by Jay Morgenstern in Huckie Lands
lab and has a Molony LTR to drive expression.  Check out:

    Morgenstern JP. and Land H. A series of mammalian expression vectors and
characterisation of their expression of a reporter gene in stably and
transiently transfected cells. Nucleic Acids Research. 18(4):1068, 1990 Feb
25.

Jim